The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!

2 posters

Brimham Rocks query

Paulus
    Paulus

Brimham Rocks query Empty Brimham Rocks query

Post  Paulus Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:12 pm

I've tried emailing the National Trust about this matter, via their website and other links, but the 3 I've emailed have all bounced. Weird shit considering they're supposed to be professionals! So can anyone here help? Does anyone have a grid reference (8-figure needed), a link, or pictorial map-reference, for the (pretty accurate) location of the Cannon Rock, at Brimham Rocks, North Yorkshire? study

Here's hoping - Paul
    lowergate
    lowergate

Brimham Rocks query Empty Re: Brimham Rocks query

Post  lowergate Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:00 am

Hi Paul,

This is the imposing squat tower that sits in an open valley just to the left of the road as it approaches Brimham House and the toilet block. Should be easy to get the ref' from the area map.

Some great pic's on the net - just google Cannon Rock Brimham Rocks
    Paulus
    Paulus

Post  Paulus Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:27 am

Ta John! Wink

lowergate wrote:
    This is the imposing squat tower that sits in an open valley just to the left of the road as it approaches Brimham House and the toilet block. Should be easy to get the ref' from the area map.

Some great pic's on the net - just google Cannon Rock Brimham Rocks

My common sense has been vacant the last few days! A simple sensible reply. And I spent 2 days combing half the Yorkshire section of mi library looking for the damn thing! Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:20 am