The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!

4 posters

Ilkley Moor

mikki
    mikki

Ilkley Moor Empty Ilkley Moor

Post  mikki Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:15 pm

what do folks think of this? A good idea or a tourist centre from hell?

They want to use the visitors centre to generate income from the tourists.

Why on earth did the council sell off the hostel that enabled folk to amble the moors & stay for the weekend?

http://www.ilkleygazette.co.uk/news/8408087.Ilkley_Moor_visitor_centre_plan_unveiled/?ref=mr

Mikki x
    Littlestone
    Littlestone

Location : Chelmsford, Essex - THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED DUE TO PERSISTENT ABUSIVE & THREATENING BEHAVIOUR

Ilkley Moor Empty Re: Ilkley Moor

Post  Littlestone Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:38 am

mikki wrote:what do folks think of this? A good idea or a tourist centre from hell?

Why on earth did the council sell off the hostel that enabled folk to amble the moors & stay for the weekend?

http://www.ilkleygazette.co.uk/news/8408087.Ilkley_Moor_visitor_centre_plan_unveiled/?ref=mr

Mikki x

Why not request the help of Heritage Action?

Littlestone
    cropredy
    cropredy

Post  cropredy Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:07 am

Littlestone wrote:
    mikki wrote:what do folks think of this? A good idea or a tourist centre from hell?

Mikki x

Littlestone

To do what my lover?
    Burn down the existing place?
    What has heritage action achieved previously?
    cropredy
    mikki
    mikki

Post  mikki Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:00 pm

Littlestone wrote:

Mikki x

Littlestone

Thanks for the offer but the Hostel was actually a listed building. When have you been active with anything to do with Ilkley Moor?
    Paulus
    Paulus

Post  Paulus Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:56 am

cropredy wrote:...What has heritage action achieved previously?

Aww c'mon Kev! Don't be like that. HA's been really effective in dividing people with a common cause, setting one against the other over minute little details, ranting at those who go against the hierarchy. I'm sure they all wear their proud little square moustaches with pride, smiling at you through glazed eyes and gritted teeth, looking up to their Fuhrer, knowing they have done the divisiveness-job really well. Give 'em credit for that at least! Razz

Oh hang on a minute - d' you mean "wot have they done to protect ancient sites?" scratch Aaaaaahhhhhh..... y' got me there... F-all I think! Still, at least they're all nice & happy! tongue
    Paulus
    Paulus

Post  Paulus Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:00 am

It'll certainly be a place where I can make plenty of cash from tourists & selling guide booklets! Cool (printers switching on as I type!) And as the religion of the Free Market keeps telling folk, the market cures all! Of course it'll fuck the moor up, add masses of litter, pollution and environmental damage - but hey - get real! - the Market knows best! affraid
    Littlestone
    Littlestone

Location : Chelmsford, Essex - THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED DUE TO PERSISTENT ABUSIVE & THREATENING BEHAVIOUR

Post  Littlestone Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:13 am

Paulus wrote:

Aww c'mon Kev! Don't be like that. HA's been really effective in dividing people with a common cause, setting one against the other over minute little details, ranting at those who go against the hierarchy. I'm sure they all wear their proud little square moustaches with pride, smiling at you through glazed eyes and gritted teeth, looking up to their Fuhrer, knowing they have done the divisiveness-job really well. Give 'em credit for that at least! Razz

Oh hang on a minute - d' you mean "wot have they done to protect ancient sites?" scratch Aaaaaahhhhhh..... y' got me there... F-all I think! Still, at least they're all nice & happy! tongue

Paulus,
    Instead of bandying insults and scatter shooting criticism why not be more specific? Or can you not be specific?
    You,I and most posters know that Heritage Action has been at the forefront of Action and preservation.
    It would appear that jealousy is raising it's ugly head Paul.

Littlestone
    cropredy
    cropredy

Post  cropredy Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:58 am

Littlestone wrote:
    Paulus wrote:

Paulus,
    Instead of bandying insults and scatter shooting criticism why not be more specific? Or can you not be specific?
    You,I and most posters know that Heritage Action has been at the forefront of Action and preservation.
    It would appear that jealousy is raising it's ugly head Paul.

Littlestone

Who are YOU to mouth off about anything???
    Are YOU a member of heritage action???
    Do YOU speak on their behalf here??

cropredy
    Littlestone
    Littlestone

Post  Littlestone Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:10 am

Kevin,
    As I have already made very clear, I have absolutely no desire to communicate with such a delusional little man.

Littlestone
    cropredy
    cropredy

Post  cropredy Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:17 am

Littlestone wrote:Kevin,
    As I have already made very clear, I have absolutely no desire to communicate with such a delusional little man.

Littlestone

Stop talking to Yourself here then, clear off, You are doing nothing but causing trouble and stirring up resentments.
    Unless You clarify who you are I for one will recognise You as nothing but a troll .
    cropredy
    Littlestone
    Littlestone

Post  Littlestone Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:33 am

Sleep
    mikki
    mikki

Post  mikki Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:46 am

Littlestone

Erm...I don't think that Kevin is the person that is a delusional little man here.
    I don't know what your problem is with this forum, but you just invade every thread with your drivel.
    What is your problem with people? why are you so anti-social? are you lonely?

Littlestone
    Littlestone

Post  Littlestone Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:20 am

mikki wrote:

Littlestone

Erm...I don't think that Kevin is the person that is a delusional little man here.
    I don't know what your problem is with this forum, but you just invade every thread with your drivel.
    What is your problem with people? why are you so anti-social? are you lonely?

I can hear someone calling for the organ grinder!

Littlestone

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:11 pm