The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!

Old Stones Of Elmet - By The One & Only.....Mr. B!

mikki
    mikki

Old Stones Of Elmet - By The One & Only.....Mr. B! Empty Old Stones Of Elmet - By The One & Only.....Mr. B!

Post  mikki Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:35 pm

Just to let everybody know that we had a publisher interested in updating Paul's Old Stones Of Elmet Book.... Well done you long haired puff.

Keep up the excellent work Paulus (I'm proud of you for all the work you put in tongue)

Cappell Bann haven't paid him a penny for years (oop's sorry, have paid him less than £100 about 4 years ago) for all the books they have sold.

We will keep you up-to-date on the progress.

Mikki xx

P.S Paulus if you delete this post, I'll whip your arse! Twisted Evil this is the motivator that you need to get your all work together! with full support. Very Happy Very Happy

Old Stones Of Elmet - By The One & Only.....Mr. B! Empty OLD STONES OF ELMET

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:42 am

I agree, a great book with a superb introduction

On Royalties - getting £100 is not bad at all - most pay only 5% on wholesale price

I wrote 6 books for Carnegie Publishing, Preston - with each selling in their 1,000's - and a couple of hundred quid was all I got.

My first publisher, DALESMAN, Clapham were the best payers - I still get royalties - even after 25 years

Self publishing & using AMAZON as the distributer/seller is the way to go

On Northern Books I recomend EMENEE Books & Lancashire Books as distributers - both pay up monthly but require 50% of selling price, so set your selling price accoringly.

Enjoy the snow - john

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:02 pm