The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!

2 posters

More Cup&Ring Stones found

Paulus
    Paulus

More Cup&Ring Stones found Empty More Cup&Ring Stones found

Post  Paulus Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:33 pm

We found this and some other previously unrecorded companions very close to each other recently, at a place where you'd have thought they'd have been recorded. Unfortunately the sunlight conditions, aswell as a lack of water to enhance the image, means that the carving doesn't look as good as it could have. Unusually, this and its companions were on vertical faces.

More Cup&Ring Stones found Bstone10

A series of seven cup-marks are enclosed by a long encircling line, with a couple of other singular cups above the main cluster. It reminded us of the Idol Stone, not too far away...
    Sunbright57
    Sunbright57

More Cup&Ring Stones found Empty More Cup & Ring Stones

Post  Sunbright57 Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:00 pm

Hi Paul, I have a site with a stone that has cup-and-ring marks in a Cumbrian church if your'e interested. Perhaps you prefer stones that are outside. Let me know. Ray.
    study
    Paulus
    Paulus

More Cup&Ring Stones found Empty Re: More Cup&Ring Stones found

Post  Paulus Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:15 pm

Sunbright57 wrote:Hi Paul, I have a site with a stone that has cup-and-ring marks in a Cumbrian church if your'e interested. Perhaps you prefer stones that are outside. Let me know. Ray.
    study

Please.....tell us more! bounce

Sponsored content

More Cup&Ring Stones found Empty Re: More Cup&Ring Stones found

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:37 pm