The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!

New Settlement / Enclosure found at Dumpit Hill, Hebden

Paulus
    Paulus

New Settlement / Enclosure found at Dumpit Hill, Hebden Empty New Settlement / Enclosure found at Dumpit Hill, Hebden

Post  Paulus Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:36 am

Just a quickie to report on some new finds we made t'other day when - in the company of such erratics as Dave, Mikki & PaulH - Mikki brought attention to an extensive length of walling near the Dumpit Hill A stone circle. The heather had been burnt back & this allowed us a damn good view of some decent prehistoric-looking remains. Here's a couple of images of the place:

New Settlement / Enclosure found at Dumpit Hill, Hebden Dumpit10

Sadly she was a bit cloudy and - stupidly! - I'd not set my camera properly to enable better images. Here's another:

New Settlement / Enclosure found at Dumpit Hill, Hebden Dumpit11

I'll do a brief write-up of the place in the coming weeks, though it'd be good to have another look at the place first.

ttfn - Paul study

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:26 am