The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!

2 posters

Harden Moor, lost row?

Harden Moor, lost row? Empty Harden Moor, lost row?

Post  Guest Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:39 am

I was up there Yesterday, and took some pic's of what could be the missing row? The heather ha been burned off, and it's short, post winter. There are definite signs of some sort of a row. i haven't figured if it lines up with anything else yet. The pics are on my flickr page... http://www.flickr.com/photos/erraticdavestoneage/
    Paulus
    Paulus

Harden Moor, lost row? Empty Re: Harden Moor, lost row?

Post  Paulus Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:25 am

erraticdave wrote:I was up there Yesterday, and took some pic's of what could be the missing row? The heather ha been burned off, and it's short, post winter. There are definite signs of some sort of a row. i haven't figured if it lines up with anything else yet. The pics are on my flickr page... http://www.flickr.com/photos/erraticdavestoneage/

I'd definitely be into a venture up there and have look round when we get back in a few days. It'd be excellent if it was the stone row. bounce I was up on the moor a few week back and found a small stretch of the moor with what may have been some potential walling where the heather had been burnt back near the circle, but wasn't sure. Still - let's have a wander around. It'd be good to meet up at last!

All the best - Paul
    Paulus
    Paulus

Post  Paulus Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi Dave!

erraticdave wrote:I was up there Yesterday, and took some pic's of what could be the missing row? The heather ha been burned off, and it's short, post winter. There are definite signs of some sort of a row. i haven't figured if it lines up with anything else yet. The pics are on my flickr page... http://www.flickr.com/photos/erraticdavestoneage/

Howzabout a wander up there for a look one day next week? Which would be best for you? Mon, Tues or Wednesday's fine with me.

atb - Paul

Post  Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:41 am

Any one of those days will do for me Paul. I'm booked for a yomp over the doubler stones Thursday. I'll check on here daily and message you my phone number. Pretty easy for me to get there from here.
    mikki
    mikki

Post  mikki Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:01 pm

That would be great - The last time we were up there, I managed to find one of the old cairns that we had walked past numerous times, t'was overgrown and lacking in the old TLC. I hope some day that somebody does take real care of our history.

See you soon

Mikki
    Paulus
    Paulus

Post  Paulus Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:00 am

Hi Dave -

Just to confirm, for anyone else who might wanna meet up: we're gonna meet in the car-park of the The Guide Inn, just by the crossroads, here:

http://www.ukpubfinder.com/pub/40234

This coming Friday morning, at 11-11.30am, to look at a potential for the Harden Moor stone row, then for a bimble to the Harden Moor circle, and an amble to one of the well-preserved cairns nearby. We could also, I s'ppose have a gander at the Catstones Ring earthwork.

See y' Friday morning!

Cheers - Paul

Post  Guest Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:40 am

Yep. See you there. Some interesting cave type rocks at Deep Cliff, too, if we get the chance to have a look. Have a pic of one on the erraticdave flickr page. Weather looks promisingly fair.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:00 am