The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!

3 posters

Ilkley Moor Megaliths & Rock Art walk - Thursday 14 July

Paulus
    Paulus

Ilkley Moor Megaliths & Rock Art walk - Thursday 14 July Empty Ilkley Moor Megaliths & Rock Art walk - Thursday 14 July

Post  Paulus Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:05 pm

Hi there -

As we're not going up Anglezarke this Thursday, we've re-arranged a walk to have a look at some of the megaliths and cup-and-ring stones on Ilkley Moor. Meet us at the Cow & Calf rocks car-park (NOT the Cow & Calf hotel, further up the road), outside the small burger-van at 11.30am. Bring food & drink, and decent walking gear (just in case she rains). Smile
    QDanT
    QDanT

Ilkley Moor Megaliths & Rock Art walk - Thursday 14 July Empty Burger van

Post  QDanT Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Paulus wrote:Hi there - Meet us at the Cow & Calf rocks car-park, outside the small burger-van at 11.30am. Smile

Hi Paul how did you know I was coming ? cheers Danny
    Paulus
    Paulus

Ilkley Moor Megaliths & Rock Art walk - Thursday 14 July Empty Re: Ilkley Moor Megaliths & Rock Art walk - Thursday 14 July

Post  Paulus Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:28 pm

QDanT wrote:
    Paulus wrote:Hi there - Meet us at the Cow & Calf rocks car-park, outside the small burger-van at 11.30am. Smile

Hi Paul how did you know I was coming ? cheers Danny

I could smell the wine! (and Teddy told me Wink )

Last edited by Paulus on Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    QDanT
    QDanT

Ilkley Moor Megaliths & Rock Art walk - Thursday 14 July Empty Napalm

Post  QDanT Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:31 pm

Paulus wrote:
    I cold smell the wine! (and Teddy told me Wink )

and I thought it was the smell of Napalm you liked ! beer
    Paulus
    Paulus

Ilkley Moor Megaliths & Rock Art walk - Thursday 14 July Empty Re: Ilkley Moor Megaliths & Rock Art walk - Thursday 14 July

Post  Paulus Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:40 pm

QDanT wrote:and I thought it was the smell of Napalm you liked ! beer

....only in the mornings sire! And if you've any spare, bring a package of it along, just in case we meet anyone we don't like! Twisted Evil
    QDanT
    QDanT

Ilkley Moor Megaliths & Rock Art walk - Thursday 14 July Empty Have a good day

Post  QDanT Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:16 am

Hi Paul and all I’ve decided to give this one a miss and go somewhere with Teddy,
    I might even Bivy out for the night while the weather seems OK, and to be honest
    I can’t keep up the uphill A to B pace, that was set on the Fairy Holes expedition,
    I like to amble about spot things and wander off for a look,
    my mind might think I’m still 20 but the body knows better !
    have a good day – cheers Danny
    Paulus
    Paulus

Post  Paulus Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:29 pm

OK mate! No worries. Hopefully sithee on a nice bimbling day in the coming weeks. We're gonna be sleeping out on the tops in a few days, roughing it, looking out for new sites hiding in the heathers and stuff. midges Our paths may cross!
    Sunbright57
    Sunbright57

Post  Sunbright57 Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:12 pm

Have a nice time Paul, hope you don't get too wet over there. Shocked

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:57 am