The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!

New age forum

New age forum Empty New age forum

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:37 am

Hi There Paulus and other posters,
    Again congrats on getting this impressive site up and running!
    Just a little observation/suggestion I am presuming one must use this forum for metaphysical debate and excahange on matters of mysticism?
    I would suggest that serious debate and exchange would not lend itself to such a forum (as has been proved on other sites inummerable times) as some individuals are unwilling or incapable of either following or answering such subjects with any real cohesiveness or depth. This can result in rather tedious monologues thet are tangential, divisive and misleading to say the least.
    I would request a seperate forum for mysticism, that is rather more stringently moderated than what would be required under the new age heading.
    If any one else has any thoughts feel free to express them!
    Regards
    MM[i]
    Shocked
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

New age forum Empty Re: New age forum

Post  Admin Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:07 pm

Ey up y' Muddy swine! Good to sithee on 'ere!

muddymick wrote:...Just a little observation/suggestion I am presuming one must use this forum for metaphysical debate and excahange on matters of mysticism?
    I would suggest that serious debate and exchange would not lend itself to such a forum (as has been proved on other sites inummerable times) as some individuals are unwilling or incapable of either following or answering such subjects with any real cohesiveness or depth. This can result in rather tedious monologues thet are tangential, divisive and misleading to say the least.
    I would request a seperate forum for mysticism, that is rather more stringently moderated than what would be required under the new age heading.
    If any one else has any thoughts feel free to express them!...

I think that's probably a good idea. Not sure how to approach it though. Do you reckon to simply get rid of the catch-phrase and, by inference, everything to do with, the 'New Age'? We could - as it's generally a loada crap, with hosts of disparate nonsense seeping into a variety of arenas. Howazabout suggesting some guide-lines Mick. I'm all ears mate!

Cheers - Paul

Post  Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:39 am

Guidelines?
    Bloody hell!
    Ermmmmmmmm
    Hows about a brief statement clearly expressing what will and will not be tolerated within such a arena e.g ignoring the content of posts will not be tolerated as will unsubstantiated claims and quakery!
    misdirecting and highjacking of threads must be a no no as must glib nonsense and posting of youtube (trying to be clever).........eermmmm I'm sure you must have some thoughts as must others.............and please please please no juvenile bloody poetry!

regards
    MM

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am