The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!

4 posters

Beltane in October? This Government need 5th November treatment

mikki
    mikki

Beltane in October? This Government need 5th November treatment Empty Beltane in October? This Government need 5th November treatment

Post  mikki Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:37 pm

This Government need sacking.

They want to do away with Beltane now.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/04/may-day-bank-holiday-under-threat

What other loopy ideas are they gonna come up with?

Mikki x
    animystic
    animystic

Beltane in October? This Government need 5th November treatment Empty Re: Beltane in October? This Government need 5th November treatment

Post  animystic Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:03 am

I'm pretty sure they have a veritable never emptying purse of fuckwittery and loopy ideas :-(
    mikki
    mikki

Beltane in October? This Government need 5th November treatment Empty Re: Beltane in October? This Government need 5th November treatment

Post  mikki Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:20 am

I sent an email to John Penrose MP with regards to moving the Mayday bank holiday,
    Asking him
    'if the minority groups that celebrate Belate would still be given that day off work to continue their religous festivities, as this is an important date in the Pagan/Druid calender that has been celebrated for thousands of years?'

As expected I got no response to the question.

I did however get this response

"We currently have a relatively short tourism season which is out of kilter with the huge importance of tourism to our national and local economies. Ministers feel an autumn bank holiday would therefore lengthen the season, which currently has two early peaks at Easter and another on May Day, and give the visitor economy a lift at a time when the weather is often still very good."

Simon Rushbrook

Public Engagement and Recognition Unit

Department for Culture, Media and Sport

Paulus
    Paulus

Post  Paulus Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:13 pm

mikki wrote:I sent an email to John Penrose MP with regards to moving the Mayday bank holiday,
    Asking him - 'if the minority groups that celebrate Belate would still be given that day off work to continue their religous festivities, as this is an important date in the Pagan/Druid calender that has been celebrated for thousands of years?'

As expected I got no response to the question. I did however get this response

"We currently have a relatively short tourism season which is out of kilter with the huge importance of tourism to our national and local economies. Ministers feel an autumn bank holiday would therefore lengthen the season, which currently has two early peaks at Easter and another on May Day, and give the visitor economy a lift at a time when the weather is often still very good."

Simon Rushbrook, Public Engagement and Recognition Unit,
    Department for Culture, Media and Sport

The kleptocracy has gotta find new ways and means - any ways and means! - to aggregate the finances of the people it's already stolen from, in order to re-empower its corrupt economic structures. So I s'ppose they'll try any cuckooland attempt to put other people's cash into their banking structures and hedge funds. Whichever retards it was who voted for these freaks, let's hope they had big overdrafts and mortgages and are learning quickly the error of their myopic thinking system!

Beltane in October! Rolling Eyes Whatever next? Let's do Xmas in June, as well as December! (someone email a Tory MP or banker and watch 'em get hard-ons at the thought of it)

I wonder what the druids and other pagan groups think of this plan? If the Tories had any imagination beyond the sexual pleasure of their dollars, they'd utilise the pagan fraternities and make much more money by keeping Beltane exactly where it is.
    animystic
    animystic

Post  animystic Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:14 am

Paulus wrote:Whichever retards it was who voted for these freaks, let's hope they had big overdrafts and mortgages and are learning quickly the error of their myopic thinking system!

Hand up Sad Voted LibDem in a general election for the first time in my life. Kicking myself into the term after next and you are welcome to too... the damage being wrought outweighs the damage I was voting against at the time (I could fight that... this, I don't know... faith rapidly draining)... problem is that I suspect, like me, the Libs gained so many voters from the liberal left disillusioned with the raging autocracy of the last days of labour and all, like me, not seeing the capitalist fuckfest arising as a consequence... back to the Greens for me, with my head in my hands and the wake up that they are all cunts...
    Paulus
    Paulus

Post  Paulus Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:35 pm

Howdo!

animystic wrote:Hand up Sad Voted LibDem in a general election for the first time in my life. Kicking myself into the term after next and you are welcome to too... the damage being wrought outweighs the damage I was voting against at the time (I could fight that... this, I don't know... faith rapidly draining)... problem is that I suspect, like me, the Libs gained so many voters from the liberal left disillusioned with the raging autocracy of the last days of labour and all, like me, not seeing the capitalist fuckfest arising as a consequence... back to the Greens for me, with my head in my hands and the wake up that they are all cunts...

I didn't really mean owt in relation to the LibDems misself. I'm one of the big 40% in the UK who don't vote (and saw no point in doing so more than 20yr back), but I do like to watch the politics of the Corporate bodies who've been screwing the world for a long time. But, I've gotta say, that of the 3 main political parties in England, the LibDems were getting my approval - but was quite appalled at how much they've fuctup their Party after spending years building it into something that might have represented a different direction away from the banks & corporations (very dangerous though that will be to anyone who tries). But someone, somewhere at sometime in the future has to do summat with the kleptocracy which has literally raped the economic substrata created by the people who work for them.

I don't see any blame in anyone who voted LibDem misself - perhaps only a little naivety, and very probably a lotta hope. Their voices & proclamations, pre-election, were worthwhile - and all observations of the likes of Vince Cable (despite some oddities) were laudable. But the manner in which they've sold themselves off, guns to their heads or not, to maintain a system that's gonna maintain the rape of the working peasants, has been appalling to say the least. I honestly didn't expect them to be as much a bunch of wanton liars as the Tories (anyone with an IQ know the Tories for the selfish liars that they've been since Thatcherism occurred), but the LibDems have truly exceeded themselves in this quality now. Very very sad indeed...

The Greens may be something of a potential. But having involved myself with them many years ago, I left after 2 years as they had neither the energy nor arrogance to approach the political field with any real "umph" about them. They simply lacked potent energy, equating it with the politics of the other parties, instead of utilizing such psychological force in a directional way to achieve adminsitrative change in the political (economic) hierarchy. And I'm not sure whether they've become any more forceful today either. They need to stick their neck out and take a few bullets to bring greater attention and respect to their voice. I always keep mi fingers crossed! Wink

All the best - Paul

PS - In terms of politics & the corporate kleptocrats - does anyone else watch the Russia Today News, here? - http://rt.com/on-air/ A lot of what they say simply would not be allowed in this country. Our TV companies & institutions would ban it. Check out the Yank who presents the Keiser Report affraid
    animystic
    animystic

Post  animystic Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:27 pm

Paulus wrote:
    The Greens may be something of a potential. But having involved myself with them many years ago, I left after 2 years as they had neither the energy nor arrogance to approach the political field with any real "umph" about them. They simply lacked potent energy, equating it with the politics of the other parties, instead of utilizing such psychological force in a directional way to achieve adminsitrative change in the political (economic) hierarchy. And I'm not sure whether they've become any more forceful today either. They need to stick their neck out and take a few bullets to bring greater attention and respect to their voice. I always keep mi fingers crossed! Wink
    Yeah... I know what you mean... I got actively involved in the Greens in the 80s... hell, even polled a healthy, though useless, 5.7% in the MK local elections... I walked away after experiencing the Party Conference... a bizarre combination of finding "nice"/experimental decision making/consensus seeking strategies straight from the human potential movement of the 70s and a hardcore of egos who had methods of making the party agenda match theirs whatever decision the "party" came to... probably not that different to any other party in that latter respect... I do think that they made some inroads regarding their image since... I am watching the good Dr from Brighton with interest and occasional disappointment :-)
    Paulus
    Paulus

Post  Paulus Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:43 pm

animystic wrote:...I am watching the good Dr from Brighton with interest and occasional disappointment :-)

Who's that? (forgive my naivety! Rolling Eyes )
    animystic
    animystic

Post  animystic Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:21 pm

Paulus wrote:
    animystic wrote:...I am watching the good Dr from Brighton with interest and occasional disappointment :-)

Who's that? (forgive my naivety! Rolling Eyes )

Sorry, I was referring to Caroline Lucas, MP for Brighton Pavilion and first Green UK MP
    mikki
    mikki

Post  mikki Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:18 pm

A set of currupt,lying, murdering, thieving twats, the lot of them and I mean ALL of them.
    This Government have sold and/or stolen everything that this country's people owned.

They have dumbed down the nation, so that the majority of the country think that soap operas are real-life dramas & can't see what is actually happening.
    Well, it about time the people of this country woke-up to these manipulating bastards & took action.

Hang the fucking lot of them.

Mikki xx
    deadagaindave
    deadagaindave

Post  deadagaindave Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:07 pm

Well said Mikki!
    I totally agree, and have written to Ken Barlow, about the swines.
    Cool
    mikki
    mikki

Post  mikki Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:45 pm

deadagaindave wrote:Well said Mikki!
    I totally agree, and have written to Ken Barlow, about the swines.
    Cool

Great one Dave!!
    I can just see the soap's next story-line.
    The bank goes bust, the pub closes down, the garage closes & the residents of the street queue up at the job centre waiting to sign on and they all live happily ever after.......or maybe the tram coming off the rails will actually become a 'REAL-LIFE' terrorist attack on Corrie!

Mikki x

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:08 am