The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!

3 posters

Hullo

iancarr

Hullo Empty Hullo

Post  iancarr Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:55 am

Hullo people - It seems a bit quite in here, but thought i'd join after finding it via the website. Is there some way for other people to add stuff onto the website? Sites and folklore and stuff? i'm not good on the archaeology of places, but always explored legends and fortean stories about old places, and theres loads i could add.
    Ian
    lowergate
    lowergate

Hullo Empty Re: Hullo

Post  lowergate Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:58 pm

Hi Ian,

Folklore, old tales, and legend are as important to the Antiquarian, Anthropologist & Archaeologist at this time as the 'clinical method' (that has dominated acemedemic study to date - & excluded so many worthwhile folk & their valued contribution) has been to date. But the world has changed & this site represents that change.

Ian, you have hit on the right site (Paul et. al. who run the site are great folks)

Feel more than free to throw in your 'two-penny-worth'

Best wishes

LOWERGATE

www.aussteigerpublications.com
    Paulus
    Paulus

Post  Paulus Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:03 am

Hi Ian!

iancarr wrote:Hullo people - It seems a bit quite in here, but thought i'd join after finding it via the website. Is there some way for other people to add stuff onto the website? Sites and folklore and stuff? i'm not good on the archaeology of places, but always explored legends and fortean stories about old places, and theres loads i could add.
    Ian

If you're wanting to add things on The Northern Antiquarian site, you'll need to sign-in with a WordPress account. You can do it here:

https://en.wordpress.com/signup/

...but if you're not into setting up your own site, watch out and click to "Sign-up for just a User Name" on the right-side of the page. Then send me your email address & I'll send you an Invite, which then allows you to add your own site-profiles to TNA. Email me with any further queries Ian & we'll sort out any problems. But once you're logged-in, it's pretty easy to use & add sites.

All the best - Paul

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:19 am