The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!

Human figure on Middleton moor?

Human figure on Middleton moor? Empty Human figure on Middleton moor?

Post  Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:31 am

Currently on page 2 of my flickr blog,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/erraticdavestoneage/
    There is a pic of' carving 448, on Middleton moor, shown at an angle which seems to depict a human figure. It's a bit Picasso, but I have noticed that many European rock art figures, depicting humans are similar. On the flickr page, I make a juxtaposition analysis available, by placing a poster of some Valcamonica drawings, beside the 448 pic. Some semiotic scrutiny needed.
    Paulus
    Paulus

Human figure on Middleton moor? Empty Re: Human figure on Middleton moor?

Post  Paulus Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:27 am

erraticdave wrote:Currently on page 2 of my flickr blog,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/erraticdavestoneage/
    There is a pic of' carving 448, on Middleton moor, shown at an angle which seems to depict a human figure. It's a bit Picasso, but I have noticed that many European rock art figures, depicting humans are similar. On the flickr page, I make a juxtaposition analysis available, by placing a poster of some Valcamonica drawings, beside the 448 pic. Some semiotic scrutiny needed.

I think it's just erosion & shadow that one Dave. Mi memory's not worrit woz though...so could be wrong.

Post  Guest Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:58 am

Hey! Quite weird stuff. If you open it with 'Paint' and rotate the images Paul, has put up on the main page. The Italian gent' keeps wandering across the rock. The circles, might be the wheels of his ice cream cart. Cool

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 am