The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!

2 posters

Old Mate May Be Useful........

shiny

Old Mate May Be Useful........ Empty Old Mate May Be Useful........

Post  shiny Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:47 am

I've just pointed a very old friend in your direction.

He lives in Calverley near Bradford, and his walking group may be looking for a project.
    Paulus
    Paulus

Old Mate May Be Useful........ Empty Re: Old Mate May Be Useful........

Post  Paulus Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:38 am

Hi Shiny!

shiny wrote:I've just pointed a very old friend in your direction.

He lives in Calverley near Bradford, and his walking group may be looking for a project.

Cheers for that! Very Happy You could let 'em know that I think we've located the lost stone circle of Calverley Woods (reported in 1954 at a local archaeology meeting). If it's the real thing, it'll have to be categorized as a cairn circle tbh - but that's still good enough in my books! There's also a lost cup-marked stone in the same woodland which the regional archaeologists give the wrong grid-ref to. I got hold of some original papers which show the real whereabouts of the lost carving, so we'll be taking a day out there in the coming weeks whilst the vegetation's low. Let's hope it aint been destroyed.

All the best - Paul

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:31 pm