The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!

2 posters

First time poster, hiya everyone

alanthecat
    alanthecat

First time poster, hiya everyone Empty First time poster, hiya everyone

Post  alanthecat Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:41 am

Hiya all, i'm Alan, i live right on the county border between Tod and Burnley.
    I'm not well schooled in historical matters but my love of roaming the cloughs and woods is opening up as i'm learning more about what means what and who went where.
    I particularly like following the old packhorse trails around the lower calder valley, i can really feel the hooves from the past as i follow along them, its wonderful.
    Them ponies did some pretty wild climbs, especially around Heptonstall and Slack! Good on em.
    I'm also interested in farming stuff, flora fauna and fungi, and i like a good unsolved mystery.
    I can hardly wait to get stuck in reading, starting i think with information about my immediate vicinity.
    Regards, Alan.
    QDanT
    QDanT

First time poster, hiya everyone Empty Re: First time poster, hiya everyone

Post  QDanT Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:40 am

Hi Alan, welcome to TNA Very Happy I'm a Packhorse trail follower myself, here's one of my posts :-
    https://northernantiquarian.forumotion.net/t376-hitching-stone
    we might meet up for an expedition one day ?
    best regardsa Dan & Ted

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:01 am