The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!

2 posters

Hello

flippy
    flippy

Hello Empty Hello

Post  flippy Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:18 pm

Hi, I'm 67 and my name is John. Sadly my hill walking days are behind me otherwise I'd be with you upon the moors like a shot Paul. Most of my working life has been spent in in the army and industry and so when I retired I was able to pursue my interest in religious history with a special focus on its prehistoric ritual activity and related myths, what you might loosely call an anthropological study, not that I would fit into or kowtow to such an institution.  

I'm particularly interested in the "rock art" you study upon Ilkley moor. I'm not familiar with the place myself so I've just googled it. It appears patterned as if peat was being removed way back whenever? I intend to explore TNA more fully in the days to come, but could you tell me if you have mapped these worked stones and whether they appear in patterns, at certain heights, or in specific areas of the moor?

John
    Sunbright57
    Sunbright57

Hello Empty Hi John

Post  Sunbright57 Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:29 pm

Hi John, hope you enjoy TNA and all it has to offer. I think Paulus will be able to answer your question at some point in his busy schedule. But welcome and do enjoy Smile
    flippy
    flippy

Hello Empty Re: Hello

Post  flippy Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:21 am

Hi Sunbright

Thanks for that, my questions can wait until I settle in here. A quick check on the Rock Art page suggests my questions haven't been asked yet, so a lot of map work is probably required.

John

Sponsored content

Hello Empty Re: Hello

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 pm