The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!

5 posters

Hello from Huddersfield

ayaman

Hello from Huddersfield Empty Hello from Huddersfield

Post  ayaman Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:43 am

Fifty-something, underemployed, knackered and not getting out and about as much as I'd like. I like stones, bricks, holes, water and sundry other things in no particular order. Stumbled upon TNA whilst looking-up Reaps Cross at Heptonstall.
    QDanT
    QDanT

Hello from Huddersfield Empty Hi

Post  QDanT Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:12 am

Hi ayaman I’ve only just joined myself but the natives seem friendly
    welcome aboard cheers Danny
    mikki
    mikki

Hello from Huddersfield Empty Re: Hello from Huddersfield

Post  mikki Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:43 am

ayaman wrote:Fifty-something, underemployed, knackered and not getting out and about as much as I'd like. I like stones, bricks, holes, water and sundry other things in no particular order. Stumbled upon TNA whilst looking-up Reaps Cross at Heptonstall.

Hi there ayaman and welcome to the TNA forum. I'm sure that some others will be along soon to welcome you. There is a wander going on in Lancashire today that a few TNA members have gone along to.

All the best

Mikki xx

Sunbright57
    Sunbright57

Hello from Huddersfield Empty Say Hello from Huddersfield

Post  Sunbright57 Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:17 pm

Hello ayaman and welcome to the TNA. Hope you enjoy being on here.
    Mikki, did you say LANCASHIRE, phew at least I'm not the only one, most folk on here like YORKSHIRE !!!
    Paulus
    Paulus

Post  Paulus Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:10 am

Hi Ayaman!

ayaman wrote:Fifty-something, underemployed, knackered and not getting out and about as much as I'd like.

Well - get thissen out with some of us lot. We're having a visit out to the Bleasdale Circle, Lancashire, a week next Thursday, on June 30th, if y' fancy coming along. The writer & historian John Dixon is showing us a few other sites nearby. And considering the venture we had yesterday, it should be another damn good venture!

ayaman wrote:I like stones, bricks, holes, water and sundry other things in no particular order. Stumbled upon TNA whilst looking-up Reaps Cross at Heptonstall.

I keep meaning us to have a meet-up to have a look at the cluster of other sites in and around the Reaps Cross area. Nearby are some standing stones, cup-and-rings, pagan wells, legendary rocks, shamanic lore & shit-hot views! We'll probably have a venture over there in early July if y' fancy a wander that way? But then, we could do with having a wander round some of the sites in your region aswell! Wink

All the best - Paul
    Paulus
    Paulus

Post  Paulus Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:18 am

Ey up Ray!

Sunbright57 wrote:...did you say LANCASHIRE, phew at least I'm not the only one, most folk on here like YORKSHIRE !!!

We had a good wander over Easington Fell yesterday with John. A bloody good day indeed! He took us to see the superb and huge circular monument he discovered a few years back. It's an absolute beauty!

We're over Lancs again in a fortnight though Ray - if y' fancy meeting up & coming along it'd be good to see you. John's gonna take us to the Bleasdale circle and other sites in the locale.

ttfn - Paul
    Sunbright57
    Sunbright57

Hello from Huddersfield Empty Say "Hello"

Post  Sunbright57 Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:10 am

Might see you over this way Paul. At the mo my pc is up the spout. Don't know how to sort it out. Photos and files lost to somewhere in space.
    QDanT
    QDanT

Hello from Huddersfield Empty Esoteric

Post  QDanT Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:50 pm

Sunbright57 wrote:Might see you over this way Paul. At the mo my pc is up the spout. Don't know how to sort it out. Photos and files lost to somewhere in space.
    QDanT wrote:
    Sunbright57 wrote:Thank you Danny, whether that would work on my picnic set-up I don't know, it has a mind of its own or there's a gremlin somewhere in my pc ! study
    What your computer is a wicker hamper ? full of gremlin sandwiches ? that sounds very Esoteric !
    cheers Danny
    It's the Gremlin buttys - Danny
    ayaman

Post  ayaman Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:40 am

Thank you for the welcome.
    I half expected to see Danny & Teddy here when I saw the monolithic page header. For what its worth I go under the name of Ian at CCS and Bilmo-p5 at BCUK.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:38 am