The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!

SATURDAY 1st SEPTENBER, Field Trip to NUTSHAW Settlement Sites SD 819 291

lowergate
    lowergate

SATURDAY 1st SEPTENBER, Field Trip to  NUTSHAW Settlement Sites SD 819 291 Empty SATURDAY 1st SEPTENBER, Field Trip to NUTSHAW Settlement Sites SD 819 291

Post  lowergate Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:56 pm

SATURDAY 1st SEPTENBER, Field Trip to NUTSHAW Settlement Sites SD 819 291

MEET UP: 9.30.am Accrington Bus Station by the Ciggy Kiosk - 9.30 am sharp if you wish to cone along.

Round houses, cairn circle, enclosures - all not on The Sites & Monuments record ...

... So another firtst for the BRIGANTIA GROUP

john

www.aussteigerpublications.com
    lowergate
    lowergate

SATURDAY 1st SEPTENBER, Field Trip to  NUTSHAW Settlement Sites SD 819 291 Empty Re: SATURDAY 1st SEPTENBER, Field Trip to NUTSHAW Settlement Sites SD 819 291

Post  lowergate Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:54 pm

Had a superb day with Chris and Dave:

Nutshaw Iron/Bronze Age settlenent - it would take at least three weeks to map out this site ....

Black hill longhouse - a knock out!

Little Hameldon Chambered long cairn ..... built of white limestone ... must have been brought a great distance ...

Molside Moor - now this realy knocked me out - at least 20 circular structures ...

This was the best day out in the field in many months ... lots of research to do & a few return trips

I have not been well this last week with the Bi-Polar 1 condition - but today put me back on form ....

Thank you Chris, thank you Dave (two 1st class blokes!)

More to follow as now I have to let what we saw today sink in

Best regards

john

www.aussteigerpublications.com

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 am