The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!

4 posters

OSWALDTWISTLE MOOR STONE CIRCLE & DITCHED HUT CIRCLE - 12th August 2012

lowergate
    lowergate

OSWALDTWISTLE MOOR STONE CIRCLE & DITCHED HUT CIRCLE  -  12th August 2012 Empty OSWALDTWISTLE MOOR STONE CIRCLE & DITCHED HUT CIRCLE - 12th August 2012

Post  lowergate Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:07 pm

Superb day out. 36 Archo's, Pagans & Woodland Folk turned out - all good people. 10.30am to 5pm

We found the +4000 year old forest of Birch and Oak creeping out from below the 4M blanket of peat (it takes 1000 years to build up 1M of peat) in the watershed of Deep Clough - each returned with a branch or bough.

Crossing the moor to 13 stone Hill we located a ditched hut circle with an opening and causeway to the east at SD 757 242 (will put this up on 'new finds')

With the aid of GPS and the 1972 survey map we located the position of the 13 stones, and where they had been removed their socket holes were located. We all positioned ourselves on the stone locations and video/photos taken.

A near future trip was proposed led by John Lamb to visit the burial mounds on Musbury Heights and Bull Hill - lots of Langdale stone impliments have been found in these areas - will post Field Trip date & time up on this site ASAP.

Thank you all for a great and rewarding Field Trip - john
    karenrobrose

OSWALDTWISTLE MOOR STONE CIRCLE & DITCHED HUT CIRCLE  -  12th August 2012 Empty Re: OSWALDTWISTLE MOOR STONE CIRCLE & DITCHED HUT CIRCLE - 12th August 2012

Post  karenrobrose Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:00 am

Hi I am looking for a power sight connected to ley lines in Lancashire I live in Darwen would you recommended this site or another? The purpose is to connect with other powerful earth energies in U.K and around the world.
    Thanks
    Karen
    Paulus
    Paulus

OSWALDTWISTLE MOOR STONE CIRCLE & DITCHED HUT CIRCLE  -  12th August 2012 Empty Re: OSWALDTWISTLE MOOR STONE CIRCLE & DITCHED HUT CIRCLE - 12th August 2012

Post  Paulus Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:41 am

Hi Karen - I don't think you'll get much luck on this site with things like "energy lines" and the like. Old-school Watkins-leys, yes - but not the von-Danikenesque sorta stuff. Soz...
    Sunbright57
    Sunbright57

Post  Sunbright57 Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:38 pm

Oh I don't know about that. We can perhaps try looking at ley-lines as I have come across a few. I once met a chap with the surname Edwards or Edwardson, down in south Wales. He was looking for a ley-line running through a church yard. I found it all fascinating. He also found a water course deep below the church yard through dowsing. Its an interesting subject. They usually run in straight lines (leys) between ancient sites, but also connecting up with ancient churches, holy wells, crosses and, even castles!
    Paulus
    Paulus

Post  Paulus Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:46 pm

Ley lines and energy lines are two completely different things. Read the texts. Ask the experts (that includes me). Do more research. Leys, nowadays, are examined by archaeo's (under the auspices of archaeoastronomy & landscape archaeology) - though they won;t use the word - whereas 'energy lines' are differing frequential subjective responses that people mistakenly project onto electromagnetic responses of such simple things as water, geological fissures & other natural landscape features. "Belief" however - or projections if you like - colours these subjective responses with a veneer worthy only of further personal mythologizing, until a clarity of perspective unfolds. Until that occurs, with each & every "energy ley" explorer, 'belief' is still obscuring clarity.

If this arena is looked at in the same way that a child asks questions, there is definitely potential. Otherwise it's nowt more than church pulpit proclamations, hoping (and knowing) that other weak enquirers will just nod and follow the sheep's tail.... Cool
    Sunbright57
    Sunbright57

Post  Sunbright57 Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:49 pm

Oh I'll go along with what you say Paul I'm no expert on these things and I trust what you say to be correct. I prefer to keep things simple. spot-on

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 am