The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!

greetings from Lancashire

greetings from Lancashire

Post  gillkav on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:43 am

Hi All
    I am new to this forum and looking forward to finding out more about the land upon which I live and work and the ancient feet that walked upon it.

Currently I live in a small rural village on the West Pennines about 5 miles from Chorley. I am a practising Druid, aye we do exist and no I dont wear a wimpol, us druids are pretty ordinary to look at! and a dowser and quite often work with earth energies, water, ley lines. Had an interesting experience dowsing at Brockholes nature reserve , a large group of us worked to help clear the problems they were experiencing.

looking forward to tramping over the moors to find more hidden artefacts sunny Gill

Re: greetings from Lancashire

Post  lowergate on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:36 am

Hi & welcome,

Are those banks and ditches on the north bank of the Ribble at the foot of Brockholes Brow man-made or natural features ? They always catch my eye and make me wonder each time I pass.

Current date/time is Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:00 am