The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!

+2
Paulus
PeteG
6 posters

Pagans,Druids, Wiccans, Shamans and Jedi's

Pagans,Druids, Wiccans, Shamans and Jedi's Empty Pagans,Druids, Wiccans, Shamans and Jedi's

Post  Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:45 am

Well old fruits, just a short statement really.
    We all know that new myths are constantly being incorporated into the general morass of mass psychology and one would presume that some of these myths are usefull psychological tools and others not so usefull.
    I for one accept this and have the ability (most of the time) to identify how applicable and usefull these particular tools are (or not as the case maybe)
    However I would posit that it is a fair old leap from identifying and accepting the inevitability of the incorporation of new mythic arenas/constructs and attributing these with a historical provenance.
    I would suggest that all those of right mind and reasonable intellect will henceforth treat such modern myths as Pagan, Druid, Shaman, New Ager, Wiccan, Born again xtian (including evangelicals etc)Nichiren Buddhists, Bards with the same dissmissive humour as Jedi knights and power rangers!
    I am sorry that the list does not include all the quacks and two bob watches but those of reasonable intellect will know exactly who and what should be included

Regards
    MM
    PeteG
    PeteG

Pagans,Druids, Wiccans, Shamans and Jedi's Empty Re: Pagans,Druids, Wiccans, Shamans and Jedi's

Post  PeteG Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:13 pm

Father Efstathios Kollas has a way with words...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6285397.stm

Pete

Pagans,Druids, Wiccans, Shamans and Jedi's Empty Re: Pagans,Druids, Wiccans, Shamans and Jedi's

Post  Guest Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:53 am

PeteG wrote:Father Efstathios Kollas has a way with words...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6285397.stm

Pete

Well Pete,
    it isn't often I can be found agreeing with a xstian priest..............but well said that man!!!!!! bom

Regards
    MM
    Paulus
    Paulus

Post  Paulus Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:44 am

Now wait a goddamn minute, young man! Are you seriously suggesting that such authentic people like the druids at Stonehenge and the modern witches with their pentagrams I've met thru the years, are not of authentic heathen lineage, nor possess integrated heathen spiritual backgrounds??? Shocked

You'll be trying to tell me next, that the shamans I keep coming across, in their 4-wheel drive cars (who feed their healing energies to the Great Mother to heal her of the bad energies that's polluting her body), or trip-inspired realization that 'all-is-one', that they're not the proper deal aswell. Surely not!?

How dare you sire!?!? I challenge thee to the jousting field, forthwith!!! drunken
    PeteG
    PeteG

Post  PeteG Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:28 pm

"I challenge thee to the jousting field, forthwith!!!"

Mole skin handbags at dawn inside the Rollrights then?

Pete
    Paulus
    Paulus

Post  Paulus Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:49 pm

PeteG wrote:"I challenge thee to the jousting field, forthwith!!!"

Mole skin handbags at dawn inside the Rollrights then?

Pete

How dare thee!? Moleskins are sacred to those great guardians of Rollright. Your words will be challenged by their Great Druid in the Know, Andy Norfolk (akin to the spiritual level of one Sir Price the Bold!).

Unless, of course, you just wanna see mi handbags - though I've never heard 'em called that before! bom
    PeteG
    PeteG

Post  PeteG Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:52 pm

I've actualy seen druids fighting at Avebury.
    I nearly wet meself laughing! (Cue Monty Python music)

Pete
    Paulus
    Paulus

Post  Paulus Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:57 am

PeteG wrote:I've actualy seen druids fighting at Avebury.

Bloody idiots! They'll have been scrapping over whether it was right to invoke west facing left, or right; or how many fingers they were supposed to stick up their arse when they spoke to the Moon - or some other equally juvenile nonsense.

Weird how these "look-at-me" druids & witches never actually go out to sites that are away from where they can be seen. I've been to tons of places thru the years, off the beaten-track at solstices and other times, and never found a single one of them at the quiet hidden places. Strange ey...? Many of 'em tell people that they go to these places, but the vast majority of them are liars on the whole.

Post  Guest Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:26 am

Paulus wrote:
    PeteG wrote:I've actualy seen druids fighting at Avebury.

Bloody idiots! They'll have been scrapping over whether it was right to invoke west facing left, or right; or how many fingers they were supposed to stick up their arse when they spoke to the Moon - or some other equally juvenile nonsense.

Weird how these "look-at-me" druids & witches never actually go out to sites that are away from where they can be seen. I've been to tons of places thru the years, off the beaten-track at solstices and other times, and never found a single one of them at the quiet hidden places. Strange ey...? Many of 'em tell people that they go to these places, but the vast majority of them are liars on the whole.

Aye hairy one,
    Liars on the whole..............of course they are!
    If you look at the so called wiccans, witches, pagans and druid lot they lie to everyone else and one suspects (very strongly) to themselves, they claim tradition (both spiritual and temporal) with what proof?
    They claim a kinship with the earth and it's 'spiritual' places and yet they pilfer thier crystals ,talismans and traditions from authentic sources and then drive their four by fours arriving like extras from a bbc production of merlin and enact their childish make believe games.
    No I'm merlin! No I'm merlin! but i'm third degree goosemuffler.......but my traditions authentic and goes back to the mists of the seventies and old Joe picksisbum!
    Then you have the logical, liberal, intelligentsia who write poems (badly) make art (hardly) steal trusts, portals and others work. Who consume vast ammounts of resources to prop up their egos while making a mockery of both the subject matter and those who would explore it (free from the machinations of ego and consumption)
    Take your pick.........it's a sad inditement of the prevailing consumerist ideal that both destroys the consumer and the consumed!

Regards
    MM
    PeteG
    PeteG

Post  PeteG Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:34 am

you wouldn't believe the amount of Merlins I've met in Avebury! and every one of them has a sword name Excalibur showing their total lack of understanding of the Arthurian legends.

I've met 7th sons of 7th sons and witches who claim to have been initiated by their grannies in the kitchen.
    I've met the head of a Glastonbury order of mystiks that goes back 23,000 years (the bloke was 27 at the time)and Wiccans who don't realise the word Wicca is old English for basket case.

I seem to recall the tenents of Witchraft are four fold.
    To Know, To Will, To Dare, To Keep Silent.
    Funny how that last one is so hard for people to keep eh?
    To date None of them has been able to chuck a fireball at me or turn me into a mushroom!
    Pete
    PeteG
    PeteG

Post  PeteG Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:40 am

oh yeah!
    Why does this photo annoy the shite out of me?
    Pete
    http://www.peteglastonbury.plus.com/Vegan.jpg
    mikki
    mikki

Post  mikki Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:42 pm

PeteG wrote:oh yeah!
    Pete

What a beauty picture Pete. Just about sums things up on the all hail Ayatollah front.
    Vegan driving 4x4 parking in a disabled spot. What did the motor run on........Vegatable oil?

Mikki

x

Post  Guest Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:05 am

Mikki wrote:
    PeteG wrote:oh yeah!
    Pete

What a beauty picture Pete. Just about sums things up on the all hail Ayatollah front.
    Vegan driving 4x4 parking in a disabled spot. What did the motor run on........Vegatable oil?

Mikki

x

I wonder if it belongs to a rather corpulent faux artist called Jayne...............if it does she could run it on her leftover chip fat with no extra expense leaving funds for non gender specific handmade Tibetan toys (made by child labour) for Woopert. Hey and there still might be a little something left in the family coffers for Timmy to buy her some fair trade chockies. The womantic fool!
    affraid
    Regards
    MM
    Littlestone
    Littlestone

Location : Chelmsford, Essex - THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED DUE TO PERSISTENT ABUSIVE & THREATENING BEHAVIOUR

Pagans,Druids, Wiccans, Shamans and Jedi's Empty Fools

Post  Littlestone Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:43 am

Don't you sad fools think it might be time to grow up?

Muddy, exactly what have you offered on any forum or thread? I expect that your juvenile attempts at humour will be discounted as the expressions of jealousy they so obviously are. However, Jane is a close friend and an excellent artist to boot and should not suffer these unprovoked attacks on her person or her family. In whatever gossipy little forums and amongst whatever tedious little fools this behaviour is exhibited it is not acceptable, it is libellous. I for one call on the moderators to stop these malicious attacks by whatever means necessary.

Mikki whoever that might be, PeteG the nasty ignorant toad, and Muddymick the dessicated little frog - be warned!

Littlestone
    PeteG
    PeteG

Post  PeteG Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:18 am

blah blah blah

Last edited by PeteG on Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pagans,Druids, Wiccans, Shamans and Jedi's Empty Dessicated frog?

Post  Guest Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:41 am

Littlestone wrote:Don't you sad fools think it might be time to grow up?

Muddy, exactly what have you offered on any forum or thread? I expect that your juvenile attempts at humour will be discounted as the expressions of jealousy they so obviously are. However, Jane is a close friend and an excellent artist to boot and should not suffer these unprovoked attacks on her person or her family. In whatever gossipy little forums and amongst whatever tedious little fools this behaviour is exhibited it is not acceptable, it is libellous. I for one call on the moderators to stop these malicious attacks by whatever means necessary.

Mikki whoever that might be, PeteG the nasty ignorant toad, and Muddymick the dessicated little frog - be warned!

Littlestone

Well well well Belittlestone,
    here we go again deja vu anyone?
    Juvenile attempts at humour..........we are just having a lark old bean. You must have heard at least a rumour of the thing called fun.
    moderators I have not one jot of a clue who this Jane character is! I referrred to a Jayne, Woopert and Timmy!
    Littlebone if by some chance you recognise the traits mentioned and apply them to an artist called Jane who must presumably be rather fat and unable to draw or paint have a cosseted wet son and a castrati for a husband similar to the one I mentioned well..................why exactly are these people friends of yours when you have such a low opinion of them?
    Oh and littlebone.......what have I contributed, not reams and reams of tedious and talentless drivel refered to as poetry, nor vitriol and bile disguised as posts, nor the work of others plagarised as ones own!
    I agree with Pete go away you disturbed vitriolic child!

MM (the dessicated frog)
    Littlestone
    Littlestone

Location : Chelmsford, Essex - THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED DUE TO PERSISTENT ABUSIVE & THREATENING BEHAVIOUR

Post  Littlestone Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:42 am

I hope those reading this will notice how a smear campaign against both the TMA and it's regular contributors is being orchestrated by persons on this site.

PeteG - why should I as you put so nicely, "f*** off back to TMA?" Are not these forums for all with a real interest in the megalithic sites? Sour grapes perhaps, that both you and that wretch Muddymick were quite rightly banned.

The TMA is a eminently professional forum with many highly respected and knowledgable contributors. It's reputation is second-to-none due to it's fair and equitable moderators who remove both posts and posters when needed. As is made apparent by both it's longevity and standing on the megalithic 'scene', it's policy on libel and bullying work well!

If the moderators on this forum where to take a similar approach it might hope to last half as long with a tenth of the TMA's popularity!

Littlestone
    PeteG
    PeteG

Post  PeteG Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:55 am

Blah blah blah

Last edited by PeteG on Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mikki
    mikki

Post  mikki Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:05 am

Littlestone wrote:Don't you sad fools think it might be time to grow up?

Pot calling the kettle!

Littlestone wrote:Muddy, exactly what have you offered on any forum or thread?

Some intelligent debates.... And an abilty to teach new English words to the majority of people on some forums. I can image that people run for the dictionary when they see a Muddy Posting.

Littlestone wrote:I expect that your juvenile attempts at humour will be discounted as the expressions of jealousy they so obviously are.

Your ego coming through there I see.

Littlestone wrote:However, Jane is a close friend and an excellent artist to boot and should not suffer these unprovoked attacks on her person or her family.

That depends.. what is your cuppa tea? It certainly isn't mine.

Littlestone wrote:I for one call on the moderators to stop these malicious attacks by whatever means necessary.

Like your sad little voice will ever be taken seriously on here...

Littlestone wrote:Mikki, whoever that might... be warned!

Threats eh... you are turning me on now....please keep it up! I like a bit of rough 'n' tumble.

Twisted Evil

Mikki x
    tonyh

Post  tonyh Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:16 am

This can't be 'Pebbles'..

He don't have the gonads..

It's an impostor..

Nig..

Maybe..

Tony
    mikki
    mikki

Post  mikki Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:27 am

tonyh wrote:This can't be 'Pebbles'..

He don't have the gonads..

It's an impostor..

Nig..

Maybe..

Tony

Hi Tony!

Who is Nig?..is it swifty? why would he impersonate 'Pebbles'? Have they had a lovers tiff?

Mikki x

Post  Guest Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:19 pm

bounce

Last edited by **** on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    Littlestone
    Littlestone

Pagans,Druids, Wiccans, Shamans and Jedi's Empty Abuse!

Post  Littlestone Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:52 am

Now this really is too much!
    I call on right thinking people to complain to the moderator regarding this downright insulting and offensive post.
    I care not one jot who you think I may or may not be, the issue in hand is this kind of grossly offensive parody of decent honest people who offer ten times more to forums than this absolute shower!
    Jane works exceedingly hard for Heritage action, TMA, and numerous other good causes. She has a large loving circle of friends and family who are upset and outraged by this bullying.
    Jane is an exceedingly talented artist who cares for the sites and those that visit them, she looks nothing like the reputed picture and is in fact a very attractive women.

Littlestone.
    Littlestone
    Littlestone

Pagans,Druids, Wiccans, Shamans and Jedi's Empty for the record.

Post  Littlestone Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:32 am

Apologies for this, but it has been brought to my attention (I haven't been looking honest, I'm above looking at such forums) that someone impersonating me (this is not egotistical, only I could possibly put those two inspired words together) is posting on the TMA.

There are some on the TNA who might (occasionally) post on the TMA (when exceptionally bored). I'd like to avoid any confusion and state for the record that the 'Littlestone' on the TMA is not me, nor is the person known to me (although I'm not certain because I'm sure they could do it without telling me; but away with self-doubt - I'm infallible)

To be clear: I am not signed up to the TMA website or forum, consequently have never posted there and have no intention of ever doing so!

Littlestone

PS - I thought I should clear this up for my public, as I am so terribly important. One would not wish one's public to suffer counterfeits. "Quality control" should be my middle name!

Post  Guest Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:24 am

I'm rather confused................pillocks!!!!!! Suspect

MM

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:58 pm