The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!

+4
tricia
Sunbright57
rodjack
lowergate
8 posters

SILVERDALE FIELD CAMP CONFIRMED

Sunbright57
    Sunbright57

SILVERDALE FIELD CAMP CONFIRMED - Page 2 Empty Re: SILVERDALE FIELD CAMP CONFIRMED

Post  Sunbright57 Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:09 am

Last edited by Sunbright57 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mikki
    mikki

SILVERDALE FIELD CAMP CONFIRMED - Page 2 Empty Re: SILVERDALE FIELD CAMP CONFIRMED

Post  mikki Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:16 am

Sunbright57 wrote:I'm not against protecting these ancient sites,

That's great because that is the aim of the Group, which can't be a bad thing in the end...can it?

Sunbright57 wrote:but The Guardians of Ikley Moor have now accomplished what they set out to do. There wont NOW be any modern carving/graffiti on any of the stones on the moor,

That will be believed when it is received in writing from the organizations that have arranged the project.

Sunbright57 wrote:They are bombarding people with e-mails that just wont stop.

When this project was first brought to light in the Ilkley Gazette in 2009, many of the local people were opposed to this project then. The organizer's of the project could have listened to them way back then.

Sunbright57 wrote:I have had to stop them on Facebook. They are all hyped-up.

Ray, they aren't hyped-up. They're concerned (and rightly so), about the moorland, the ancient pre-historic carvings etc. I don't think there is anybody on facebook can stop them! affraid

Sunbright57 wrote: Sorry to be blunt, but they are using Paulus. Sorry, it has to be said, I don't want them doing that.

I can assure you that Paulus isn't being used! Who do you think he is being used by?

Mikki x
    Paulus
    Paulus

Post  Paulus Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:56 am

Hi Ray -

Sunbright57 wrote:I'm not against protecting these ancient sites, but The Guardians of Ikley Moor have now accomplished what they set out to do. There wont NOW be any modern carving/graffiti on any of the stones on the moor, so its time to move on now. They are bombarding people with e-mails that just wont stop. I have had to stop them on Facebook. They are all hyped-up. Move on now - there are other things to discuss. Sorry to be blunt, but they are using Paulus. Sorry, it has to be said, I don't want them doing that.

A most curious reply... scratch ...for various reasons. The GOIM hasn't achieved anything at all yet. And in the event that there's to be no carving graffiti/poems by the Ilkley Arts folk on the moors, we need it black-and-white from the various authorities and an assurance that this debacle is to not recur. I appreciate that emails are being bombarded to various people and groups, but this is only the beginning. We're meeting with other people in the coming week and the lines of attack are to broaden. There are some avenues which the chaps in Ilkley/Bratf'd coucil, and the Arts Council, have gravely overlooked, albeit innocently I imagine. (though it leaves me scratching mi head a bit!)

I know it's probably hard to understand, but Ilkley Moor was my second-home, from childhood - and so to watch its gradual demise, the old bogs and muddy little paths being gradually eaten away by this narrow 'environmental' pathology, is disturbing. As the years roll by, I've noticed how the moorland and its ancient sites are slowly being cut into and destroyed. Now, some short-sighted bunch alleging to be 'Friends of Ilkley Moor' are actually digging up the moors and laying gravel & stone footpaths for a small number of people who wanna walk their little doggies on the moors without gerrin their dainty little feet wet or muddy. A small group of influential wealthy doods are, slowly, gonna cut up the Ilkley Moor region and change the landscape from a small wilderness region, into a nice tourist-package, with trinkets set 'nicely' into chosen places, where we can do little treasure hunts, read about wildlife, and alter this remaining wilderness into a sanitised construction of the countryside. This destroys the genius loci and spirits of the landscape, eating into and leaving the places we sat as children vacuous and empty, disallowing those who come after us with nowt more than a plaque or pretty pictures, instead of raw Nature and the intense beauty and spiritual nourishment that emerges from the unblemished godhood permeating our natural world. To slowly, gradually, insidiously and with a smile, cut into Nature's body has always been the methodology and way of homo profanus the world over. Surely you know this...? As a result, GOIM is emerging....

As for me being "used" in this Ray, you're simply wrong. However, even if some people were to use me in this way, for the protection of the landscape of Rombalds Moor and district, they can do so with pleasure! Indeed, if anyone out there wants to use me in such a way, how can I help you?

I'm afraid I'm one of them weirdoes who understands, from both experience and intellect, that the Earth and her body is sacred, imbued with what religious groups call 'god' - though I've never been a part of any given 'religion.' I know that those of us who hold such a viewpoint are probably a minority in the UK, but hope this can change before all our green and pleasant land is swallowed up by the religion of Real Estate and its followers.

Very concerned - Paul
    Sunbright57
    Sunbright57

Post  Sunbright57 Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:14 pm

Hmmm, very well put Paulus. You are better at it than that lot, perhaps they should get you to wright all there stuff, they are pretty useless at it. I'm happy with what you say and fully understand, just don't much like the way there going about it. Thanks Paulus, I feel more reassured about the situation now. I just had to get stuff of my chest - as they say !sunny
    mikki
    mikki

Post  mikki Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:57 pm

Sunbright57 wrote:Hmmm, very well put Paulus. You are better at it than that lot, perhaps they should get you to wright all there stuff, they are pretty useless at it. I'm happy with what you say and fully understand, just don't much like the way there going about it. Thanks Paulus, I feel more reassured about the situation now. I just had to get stuff of my chest - as they say !sunny

I know, I find it rather difficult expressing miss-en to a screen in front of me! I need to get much more up and personal with it love Paulus is far better at it than I am. My posts would end up like this Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored

Mikki xx
    Paulus
    Paulus

Post  Paulus Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:16 pm

Sunbright57 wrote:Hmmm, very well put Paulus. You are better at it than that lot, perhaps they should get you to wright all there stuff, they are pretty useless at it. I'm happy with what you say and fully understand, just don't much like the way there going about it. Thanks Paulus, I feel more reassured about the situation now. I just had to get stuff of my chest - as they say !sunny

So what made you say this then: "There wont NOW be any modern carving/graffiti on any of the stones on the moor, so its time to move on now." ?
    Sunbright57
    Sunbright57

Post  Sunbright57 Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:41 pm

Well, in the end all the worrying about modern poems by Mr Armitage and other graffiti being carved on the rocks upon Ilkley moor wont materialise, I think everyone is beginning to except that now - now that there's been so much opposition to it from ordinary people in the north. That's my opinion at any rate. Hope I'm right about that.
    deadagaindave
    deadagaindave

Post  deadagaindave Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:35 am

"wright all there stuff"
    Now who does that remind me of?
    lol! drink rollaboutlaughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:00 am