The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!

2 posters

WHAT'S THAT BLOODY NOISE?

deadagaindave
    deadagaindave

WHAT'S THAT BLOODY NOISE? Empty WHAT'S THAT BLOODY NOISE?

Post  deadagaindave Wed May 11, 2011 8:51 am

Anyone who has experienced the eebie jeebies, around stone circles and ancient monuments, may be interested to know they might not have been cracking up at all! Well in some cases, maybe not. The careful construction of some ancient features, are built to access Helmholtz resonance. You may have encountered Helmholtz resonance, if you have been in open country when the wind has blown across the top of an open bottle. Plastic ones especially, in my own experience. It is a phenomenon that can lead to audio hallucinatory experiences, and ‘smearing of vision,’ as they eyeballs respond automatically to the cyclic vibrations that the resonance emits, causing visual hallucinations.
    I’m pretty sure that the builders of the stone circles and Neolithic tombs, didn’t call it Helmholtz resonance. But they knew about it. Knew a lot more as well, ifyarske’ me, guv!

http://www.global-vision.org/astroarchaeology/archive/research/acoustics.html

http://www.ghost-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2780

Cool
    Sunbright57
    Sunbright57

WHAT'S THAT BLOODY NOISE? Empty What's That Bloody Noise ?

Post  Sunbright57 Wed May 11, 2011 9:40 am

Interesting, yes I know what you mean. As well as that, I have often been almost blown away, as it were, at a number of prehistoric sites and found it difficult to stand in order to take a photo. And what about strange phenomena around these standing stones - lights, mists and static electricity coming off the stones; photos not coming out properly and all that stuff. Oh and, folk always losing articles there.
    affraid

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 pm