The Northern Antiquarian Forum

Archaeology, folklore & myth of Britain's pre-christian sites & heritage: stone circles, holy wells, maypoles, tombs, archaic cosmologies and human consciousness. Everyone welcome - even Southerners!


    The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Share
    avatar
    revnox

    Join date : 2010-06-05

    The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  revnox on Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:10 am

    Good afternoon,
    It would appear that I can no longer post on the TMA! Why? I have no clue whatsoever. I have been insulted, sworn at and generally treated discourteously by a few rather aggressive individuals on the TMA forums. please feel free to read what I have posted on there! I have been nothing but well mannered, on topic and have avoided expletives whilst in their forums.
    I have had the feeling that they discourage open and honest debate for some time. It would appear that they do however encourage bullying and a sort of megalithic apartheid, where those in the club (who hold the same theories,politics and world view) can act/post with impunity. Those that are not in the club cannot stray from the party line nor question it's rules or in fact it's members!
    Forgive me if this seems a overly histrionic analogy but is it a form of cyber-facism?
    Who are these faceless Editors? I can only assume that they are members of this sad little club.
    Do they not realise that the reason their forums are stilted, barren, boring wastelands of meaningless back patting and social petting is due to their social neutering of posters (not in the club)
    It begs the question........what are they scared of?
    Are they scared of debate?
    Are they scared of appearing less than intelligent?
    Are they scared of change?
    Are they scared.........?
    The questions go on!
    They must be scared of something to have battened down the hatches to such a degree!
    rev
    avatar
    revnox

    Join date : 2010-06-05

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  revnox on Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:27 am

    I think I was banned for this......(Faerygirl seems to have had a problem with my posts from day one and had been insulting, rude and aggressive)

    Faery girl "The few things I have read (and maybe it just says a lot about the kind of books I opt for!) suggest its all part of Shaman rituals. If you take certain hallucinogens then you see concentric rings, squiggly lines, zigzags etc.

    These were (and still are in areas where there are still shamans) often believed to be the ACTUAL next dimention or the land of the dead or the spirits of wherever you were trying to get to.

    When Graham Hancock took ibogaine as study for the book Supernatural he saw the exact symbols that are often seen as rock art in ancient caves such a wiggly lines, serpents and circles."

    Me "what exactly do you mean by shaman rituals?
    Have you taken significant doses of hallucinogens?
    would you therefore say they are interpretations of some psycho-spiritual process? if so what is this process?
    When you so vaguely talk of the " land of the dead or the spirits of wherever you were trying to get to. what exactly are you referring to?
    This is so vague and open to interpretation that i have no idea of your point!
    Please illuminate."

    faerygirl "You have no idea of my point. Ok. Quite a few authors (Hancock and Collins spring to mind) Have suggested that rock art is a product of people travelling to other dimentions through various means including trance states (dancing, singing, chanting, hallucinogens) and on their return, they draw what they have seen to enable them a safer or quicker passage to this dimention next time and to please the spirits. Its the kind of thing still used in comunities that have a shaman culture. Its just a guess obviously. We dont have the foggiest what they were for, nobody does!

    But if youre still struggling then watch some shows that have modern day shamans (Tribe, Mark and Olly, Bruce Parry on the Amazon) so you can see what shaman type rituals are if you dont know. Then read Supernatural by Graham Hancock or the work of Jeremy Narby."

    Me "sorry your point was so shallow I thought that there really must be more substance to your conjecture.
    I was obviously wrong !
    if you think a overview of shamanism could be achieved by watching such shows or reading such authors then I think i shall leave this attempt at exploration where it is, however thank you for the insight."

    And this compared to some of the vitriol, spleen and plain nastiness I have been subjected to by members of their forum/club!


    avatar
    Paulus

    Join date : 2009-08-20
    Location : Yorkshire

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  Paulus on Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:38 am

    HI Rev!

    revnox wrote:Good afternoon,
    It would appear that I can no longer post on the TMA! Why? I have no clue whatsoever. I have been insulted, sworn at and generally treated discourteously by a few rather aggressive individuals on the TMA forums. please feel free to read what I have posted on there! I have been nothing but well mannered, on topic and have avoided expletives whilst in their forums.
    I have had the feeling that they discourage open and honest debate for some time. It would appear that they do however encourage bullying and a sort of megalithic apartheid, where those in the club (who hold the same theories,politics and world view) can act/post with impunity. Those that are not in the club cannot stray from the party line nor question it's rules or in fact it's members!
    Forgive me if this seems a overly histrionic analogy but is it a form of cyber-facism?
    Who are these faceless Editors? I can only assume that they are members of this sad little club.
    Do they not realise that the reason their forums are stilted, barren, boring wastelands of meaningless back patting and social petting is due to their social neutering of posters (not in the club)
    It begs the question........what are they scared of?
    Are they scared of debate?
    Are they scared of appearing less than intelligent?
    Are they scared of change?
    Are they scared.........?
    The questions go on!
    They must be scared of something to have battened down the hatches to such a degree!
    rev

    God - back to this m'larky! I get back from the Scottish hills and the TMA kids piss-off yet another member. No Are you sure you've been banned? It might be just a glitch on their site. But if you've been asking questions they don't know the answer to, or even worse, questioning the limited mental capacity of TMA's private club, you're obviously gonna get cut short. They don't like that sorta thing (they find anyone with an IQ that runs into double-figures very threatening - so it probably served you right). Er, sorry...

    I know it's easier said than done, but: you're just gonna have to take it on the chin. Whatever it is you might have said on there, you have no power over their decisions. And that's what they truly enjoy: power. They remain anonymous (though we do know who a couple of them are); some of them have obvious anger issues (if a couple of 'em don't have cancer I'll be surprised); a lack of intelligence beyond their own j*wish/xtian beliefs; irrational thought processes; and they're just plain rude. It's become well-known on the Net how bad the TMA has become in how they treat other people - which is a pity, as it used to have an excellent Forum (kicked shit out of anything else a few years back). Now however, the Forum is run by a bunch of fuckwits (excuse my expletive Rev!) who just seem to think everyone on Earth has to think as they think, speak as they speak, and have the same customs as them. They're actually quite racist if you think about it...

    The most apt description of their group psychology is that of policians: lick your arse when you join and give 'em what they're after; then spit you out when they've stole what they think they can get. If they feel they can't get much from you, they'll just get rid. It's the way of things on there I'm afraid. Sad but true...

    Hope you're OK anyway.

    Cheers - Paul

    avatar
    revnox

    Join date : 2010-06-05

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  revnox on Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:54 am

    Cheers Paul,
    I'm fine, however I did consider battering a couple of them (thats what we did when I was in the forces)but my wife stopped that short by telling me to grow up.....she is a helluva lot more scary than fighting!
    I just don't understand what issues they have had with me all along? they where sniping at me but I was not sure what they meant......I still do not.
    Resonox, faerygirl, Juamie, Goffick I can't really grasp what their collective issues are.
    i don't get how Resonox, juamie and Goffick act so cocky behind their pc screens, I know they wouldn't dare face to face

    Evil or Very Mad rev
    avatar
    Paulus

    Join date : 2009-08-20
    Location : Yorkshire

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  Paulus on Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:18 am

    Look Rev - it's not worth bothering with tbh. You could be wearing the wrong-coloured socks on a menstrual day and be in the shit on there (if you asked one of the husbands on there, they'll tell you as such). It's true...

    revnox wrote:I think I was banned for this......(Faerygirl seems to have had a problem with my posts from day one and had been insulting, rude and aggressive)

    ...

    And this compared to some of the vitriol, spleen and plain nastiness I have been subjected to by members of their forum/club!

    Faerygirl ey? Can't say I recall her. She obviously knows little about shamanism if she's citing the characters above as the real things, and thinks Hancock's Supernatural is anything other than a pointer - she's a heulluva lot to learn. Faerygirl aint a fat blonde bitch is she? Rude, vitroilic, angry, false smiles, self-centred, lacking intelligence: sounds like the alter-ego of another sexist on there...
    avatar
    revnox

    Join date : 2010-06-05

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  revnox on Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:50 am

    Hello can't say i know who the other woman is?
    faerygirl is a reiki therapist near Wolverhampton (it's not a bad little business in terms of money)
    finding stuff out about folk is a perk of my business (it's part of what we do) given a few hours you would be surprised what some of my colleagues can come up with banking, credit history, mortgage&insurance details,criminal history give em a couple a days and I can tell you quite a lot from what toothpaste they use, what websites they browse to who they have slept with and who they are sleeping with.
    I had a bit of trouble once with premises (the landlord of some business premises in Manchester tried to rip us off for a few grand) we gave his wife pictures of him with his boyfriend on canal street and got the money back. i have heard he is living with the bloke now and quite happy (so maybe we did him a favour)

    Rev affraid
    avatar
    Littlestone

    Join date : 2009-11-24
    Location : Chelmsford, Essex - THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED DUE TO PERSISTENT ABUSIVE & THREATENING BEHAVIOUR

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  Littlestone on Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:23 am

    You have no one to blame but yourself. I think you and many others know exactly why you where banned. It is disingenuous to pretend otherwise. You where found out and it was only a matter of time before you would try and disrupt the forums.

    Posting in this quagmire of despair hoping to elicit some sympathy against the big bad Modern Antiquarian Editors, you're knocking on the wrong door! No doubt the Chuckle Brothers will join in, although one's banned and the other is hanging on by the skin of his teeth.

    It just goes to show this really is the failures club, the place to come when you cannot get in the TMA. I will leave you misfits to lick each others wounds and hatch whatever juvenile plots your tiny poisonous minds can construct.

    Littlestone
    avatar
    revnox

    Join date : 2010-06-05

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  revnox on Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:32 am

    Littlestone wrote:You have no one to blame but yourself.
    I think you,I and many others know exactly why you where banned. It is disingenuous to pretend otherwise. You where found out and it was only a matter of time before you would try and disrupt the forums.
    Posting in this quagmire of despair you hope to elicit some sympathy against the big bad Modern Antiquarian Editors. Your knocking on the wrong door!
    No doubt the chuckle brothers will join in although ones banned and the others hanging on by the skin of his teeth.
    Just goes to show this really is the failures club, the place to come when you cannot get in the TMA.
    I will leave you misfits to lick each others wounds and hatch whatever juvenile plots your tiny poisonous minds can construct.

    Littlestone

    Sorry mate I don't have a clue who you are or what your on about!
    What was found out?
    what are you banging on about. All this cloak and dagger shite is getting on my nerves. say what you mean or shut up!
    what plots?
    Some of you people are paranoid!

    Rev
    avatar
    revnox

    Join date : 2010-06-05

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  revnox on Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:56 pm

    Sorry about the last reply.
    Whoever that bloke or woman is got me a bit peeved!
    Whatever they were banging on about.....I don't have the slightest idea?

    Rev
    avatar
    Littlestone

    Join date : 2009-11-24
    Location : Chelmsford, Essex - THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED DUE TO PERSISTENT ABUSIVE & THREATENING BEHAVIOUR

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  Littlestone on Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:05 pm

    Of course you don't want to muddy the waters with misdirection!

    Littlestone
    avatar
    revnox

    Join date : 2010-06-05

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  revnox on Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:07 pm

    Littlestone wrote:Of course you don't want to muddy the waters with misdirection!

    Littlestone

    What the hell are you on about pal?
    your a nutter!
    avatar
    revnox

    Join date : 2010-06-05

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  revnox on Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:09 pm

    I can't be arsed with this!
    This implication sh*** is what happened on the TMA, I will leave it there!

    Rev
    avatar
    mikki

    Join date : 2009-01-29
    Age : 25
    Location : West Yorkshire

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  mikki on Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:08 pm

    revnox wrote:I can't be arsed with this!
    This implication sh*** is what happened on the TMA, I will leave it there!

    Rev

    Hi There!

    Rev, Just ignore the little-prick. That is what the rest of us do. He obviously has some mental issues (ego, aggressive, control problems) that need sorting out. I don't know why people get wound-up by this sad, little, insignificant individual. Dont let him get to you!

    Mikki
    avatar
    revnox

    Join date : 2010-06-05

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  revnox on Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:45 pm

    mikki wrote:
    revnox wrote:I can't be arsed with this!
    This implication sh*** is what happened on the TMA, I will leave it there!

    Rev

    Hi There!

    Rev, Just ignore the little-prick. That is what the rest of us do. He obviously has some mental issues (ego, aggressive, control problems) that need sorting out. I don't know why people get wound-up by this sad, little, insignificant individual. Dont let him get to you!

    Mikki

    I don't even know the bloke!

    Rev
    avatar
    Littlestone

    Join date : 2009-11-24
    Location : Chelmsford, Essex - THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED DUE TO PERSISTENT ABUSIVE & THREATENING BEHAVIOUR

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  Littlestone on Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:28 pm

    revnox wrote:
    mikki wrote:
    revnox wrote:I can't be arsed with this!
    This implication sh*** is what happened on the TMA, I will leave it there!

    Rev

    Hi There!

    Rev, Just ignore the little-prick. That is what the rest of us do. He obviously has some mental issues (ego, aggressive, control problems) that need sorting out. I don't know why people get wound-up by this sad, little, insignificant individual. Dont let him get to you!

    Mikki

    I don't even know the bloke!

    Rev

    Mikki, you silly little girl. You obviously do not ignore me, as you are referring to me right here! How infantile.

    "(ego, aggressive, control problems) that need sorting out."

    I am not the one hiding behind the coat tails of the Chuckle Brothers. Rev, you obviously do know who I am! I am reliably informed that you have perused most of my posts and those of my close friends. Pretend as much as you like, the cat is out of the bag. Your insignificant attempt at playing the victim has back fired. We know who you are and will no longer play your game.

    Littlestone
    avatar
    mikki

    Join date : 2009-01-29
    Age : 25
    Location : West Yorkshire

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  mikki on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:36 am

    mikki wrote:
    revnox wrote:I can't be arsed with this!
    This implication sh*** is what happened on the TMA, I will leave it there!

    Rev

    Hi There!

    Rev, Just ignore the little-prick. That is what the rest of us do. He obviously has some mental issues (ego, aggressive, control problems) that need sorting out. I don't know why people get wound-up by this sad, little, insignificant individual. Dont let him get to you!

    Mikki

    As I said above.

    Mikki
    avatar
    revnox

    Join date : 2010-06-05

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  revnox on Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:01 am

    They are Bloody crackers Miki!
    avatar
    revnox

    Join date : 2010-06-05

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  revnox on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:47 am

    I have just been on TMA and they have banned two of my alias posters. Only thirteen to go and they have got rid of me bounce

    Well for a while bom

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  Guest on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:43 am

    hahahah Join the club Rev!
    There are a few people who post on TMA that the inner sanctum want to get rid of!
    It is blindingly obvious from the way they gang up and bully them......I will not name them as I do not want the vitriol and bile that the inner sanctum spew at me to be misdirected.
    However they are decent folk and it would be nice to see em in here!

    Regards
    MM
    avatar
    Paulus

    Join date : 2009-08-20
    Location : Yorkshire

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  Paulus on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:13 am

    muddymick wrote:...There are a few people who post on TMA that the inner sanctum want to get rid of!
    It is blindingly obvious from the way they gang up and bully them......

    I didn't know you had prophetic abilities Mick! But it turns out you were right. I got banned t'other day and no longer have access to any of the material I put on Heritage Action's TMA site. It used to be a decent place, but I think Julian Cope has little to do with it nowadays as it's run by a bunch of wankers who don't even have the balls to show their faces. I've emailed Copey about it, but don't reckon I'll get a reply. There have been some oddities in me gerrin banned there, as I've not even spoken on their fourms for months just in case I say summat that the inner sanctum doesn't agree with and they give their usual menstrual responses. And curiously I note how all the Essex links and notes I added to TMA have been deliberately deleted - which makes no sense at all, as they've left loads of other things I've added. Why delete my Essex notes & links? Wot's wrong with Essex? I'm truly perplexed! Wink
    avatar
    Littlestone

    Join date : 2009-11-24
    Location : Chelmsford, Essex - THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED DUE TO PERSISTENT ABUSIVE & THREATENING BEHAVIOUR

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  Littlestone on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:42 am

    Paulus wrote:
    muddymick wrote:...There are a few people who post on TMA that the inner sanctum want to get rid of!
    It is blindingly obvious from the way they gang up and bully them......

    I didn't know you had prophetic abilities Mick! But it turns out you were right. I got banned t'other day and no longer have access to any of the material I put on Heritage Action's TMA site. It used to be a decent place, but I think Julian Cope has little to do with it nowadays as it's run by a bunch of wankers who don't even have the balls to show their faces. I've emailed Copey about it, but don't reckon I'll get a reply. There have been some oddities in me gerrin banned there, as I've not even spoken on their fourms for months just in case I say summat that the inner sanctum doesn't agree with and they give their usual menstrual responses. And curiously I note how all the Essex links and notes I added to TMA have been deliberately deleted - which makes no sense at all, as they've left loads of other things I've added. Why delete my Essex notes & links? Wot's wrong with Essex? I'm truly perplexed! Wink

    Your audacity is astounding Paul! You banned poor Jamie (juamie) for nothing and yet you cry the poor tale. I have to point out how your strategy of insult and libel is backfiring. This tedious little forum has posters leaving in droves.

    Look at what has been put on the vastly superior TMA: "It has come to my attention that someone from this forum is being impersonated on another public archaeology forum; the phony posts have been replied to in an offensive manner by someone signing themselves as ‘j’.

    "I have no intention of naming the forum or getting further drawn in."

    "Nor do I have any desire to fan the flames of an ongoing cyber-vendetta and come to this forum only to share ideas on ancient sites and their archaeology."

    Just for the record: A lady my lover for sometime and as you can easily surmise she is still very smitten by my intellect, compassion and good looks.

    Think about this Paul, many of these posters are my good friends and some lovers (past and present). Who do you think they will pledge their allegiances to?

    Why you where banned is obvious! How you where banned is above reproach!

    Littlestone
    avatar
    Paulus

    Join date : 2009-08-20
    Location : Yorkshire

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  Paulus on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:59 am

    Hi litteOne - Nice to hear from you!

    Littlestone wrote:...Why you where banned is obvious! How you where banned is above reproach

    Errrmm....without you going into insulting all those that are beneath you, just why was I banned then Mr fuckwit?
    avatar
    Littlestone

    Join date : 2009-11-24
    Location : Chelmsford, Essex - THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED DUE TO PERSISTENT ABUSIVE & THREATENING BEHAVIOUR

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  Littlestone on Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:09 am

    Paulus wrote:Hi litteOne - Nice to hear from you!

    Littlestone wrote:...Why you where banned is obvious! How you where banned is above reproach

    Errrmm....without you going into insulting all those that are beneath you, just why was I banned then Mr fuckwit?

    Paul you really are disingenuous! You have been banned for subverting, trolling and using the TMA as a vehicle for your petty private vendettas. You encourage the posting of offensive and libellous personal attacks on your website! If you cared one iota as much for the sites as you do for one upmanship in forums you just might still be welcome on the TMA.

    We had a meeting at the Avebury meet between myself and others regarding how we should respond to such attacks and vendettas.As you can see Paul we decided to follow the best course available, we cut out the cancer!

    Littlestone
    avatar
    Paulus

    Join date : 2009-08-20
    Location : Yorkshire

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  Paulus on Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:23 am

    Littlestone wrote:
    Paulus wrote:Hi litteOne - Nice to hear from you!

    Littlestone wrote:...Why you where banned is obvious! How you where banned is above reproach

    Errrmm....without you going into insulting all those that are beneath you, just why was I banned then Mr fuckwit?

    Paul you really are disingenuous! You have been banned for subverting, trolling and using the TMA as a vehicle for your petty private vendettas. You encourage the posting of offensive and libellous personal attacks on your website! If you cared one iota as much for the sites as you do for one upmanship in forums you just might still be welcome on the TMA.

    We had a meeting at the Avebury meet between myself and others regarding how we should respond to such attacks and vendettas. As you can see Paul we decided to follow the best course available, we cut out the cancer!

    Littlestone

    All rather too predictable... So whyfore haven't they got rid of the likes of yourself and Nigel and those of shallow minds therein? And are there plans to change TMA's name to 'Heritage Action's Modern Antiquarian'? It'd get you much better coverage! Just waiting for Copey to cardiac are we? No Nowt would surprise me with you lot.
    avatar
    Littlestone

    Join date : 2009-11-24
    Location : Chelmsford, Essex - THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED DUE TO PERSISTENT ABUSIVE & THREATENING BEHAVIOUR

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  Littlestone on Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:52 pm

    Paulus wrote:
    Littlestone wrote:
    Paulus wrote:Hi litteOne - Nice to hear from you!

    Littlestone wrote:...Why you where banned is obvious! How you where banned is above reproach

    Errrmm....without you going into insulting all those that are beneath you, just why was I banned then Mr fuckwit?

    Paul you really are disingenuous! You have been banned for subverting, trolling and using the TMA as a vehicle for your petty private vendettas. You encourage the posting of offensive and libellous personal attacks on your website! If you cared one iota as much for the sites as you do for one upmanship in forums you just might still be welcome on the TMA.

    We had a meeting at the Avebury meet between myself and others regarding how we should respond to such attacks and vendettas. As you can see Paul we decided to follow the best course available, we cut out the cancer!

    Littlestone

    All rather too predictable... So whyfore haven't they got rid of the likes of yourself and Nigel and those of shallow minds therein? And are there plans to change TMA's name to 'Heritage Action's Modern Antiquarian'? It'd get you much better coverage! Just waiting for Copey to cardiac are we? No Nowt would surprise me with you lot.

    Fuck off you poisonous little toad! We know who you, the other Chuckle brother and Muddymick are, and we intend to see an end to this baiting!

    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Modern Antiquarian. Forum or private club?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:17 am